- The competition is open to individual design and manufacturing professionals or design teams.
- It is preferred, but not required, that at least one of the design professionals on each team be Philadelphia-based.
- There are no limits on the number of individuals or number of firms comprising a team; however, individuals or firms may only participate as part of one team or entry.
- Multiples entries from the same team member or individual will result in disqualification.
- The PPA reserves the right to determine additional eligibility requirements.
- Submissions by PPA or city employees and/or selection committee officials who may have direct or indirect interest in the outcome are precluded.
Submissions should strive to achieve the following:
- Compliance with all Bike Rack Specifications, outlined in the competition guidelines here.
- Consider cost and complexity of future maintenance
- Appropriateness – both aesthetically and programmatically – within the urban context and the surrounding neighborhoods, with the ability to enhance the public realm
- Ease of scalability and replicability