Please download and review the design competition guidelines here for competition details, dates, and eligibility information.
Competition Kickoff Meeting
A Competition Kickoff Meeting will be held virtually on August 17, 2021 at 11:00 AM EST. Once you have registered via the design competition website, you will receive an email with dial-in information. Meeting registration will be available on the design competition website. Attendance is not mandatory, but it is encouraged that at least one representative of the team attend.
Online registration opens Monday, August 2, 2021. Please complete the online registration form. This includes all team member information, such as team name, names and emails of key team members, affiliation (companies, schools, etc.), address, phone number, and email. Teams are also asked to identify one team member as the point-of-contact to whom all competition-related communications shall be directed. Registration forms must indicate the person or entity to whom any awarded prize funds should be distributed.
No registrations shall be accepted after the registration period closes on September 22, 2021. Teams are required to register in advance. Please see the schedule below for other deadlines.
All submission entries must be received by deadline reflected in schedule. Submissions will be reviewed by the Selection Committee, who will then shortlist up to five (5) finalists. These finalists will be invited to update and formally present their proposal.
The rules for proposals are as follows:
- Submissions will be accepted digitally and must be received no later than the specified deadline: September 22, 2021 @ 4:00 PM EST.
- A special submission number will be assigned to each team upon registration. An email will be sent to the designated point-of-contact.
- To ensure blind judging, the submission documents must NOT include any identifying features or marks which might reveal the identity of any member of the design team or any organization that may be represented by members of the team. Please use your special submission number.
- Submissions must be prepared as one pdf file, which shall be uploaded on the design competition website.
- Maximum total combined file size shall be no greater than 10 MB.
- The submission package must contain:
- Abstract: An abstract statement of no more than 250 words.
- Narrative: Written overview of no more than 2-pages (size 11 font) that describes the project, summarizes the design team’s concept focusing on the evaluation criteria, and articulates the team’s design strategy.
- Photos, images, renderings; maximum of twelve (12) images
- Incomplete or ineligible submissions will not be reviewed.
- Late entries will not be accepted.